April 23, 2008

RETRENCHED

The other time at zhicheng.
ERM
OK. Just a brief intro. Zhicheng is this Tuition centre; Chinese Based; located inside Yewtee Community Centre. I was working there before i got my current job. Was a part-timer admin boy, earning S$6.00/hr before i went out of the company. But in the beginning, i earned S$5.00/hr for training purposes, after 2weeks of training, i would draw S$5.50/hr.

Anyway, the story till the end is, the supervisor there named Ke**, asked this Fat Slut to call me around 1week before my last day. She told the fat slut to inform me that since i was going to quit at this certain day, and actually, they have already employed this part-timer, and SINCE they already had enough people, THEREFORE, i do not need to come and work for the last week already.

Is this called 'sympathy retrenchment' or they giving me the sack? I don't know. But since there is no future staying in Zhicheng, leaving is considered good too.

Anyway, Currently, for the time being, still, i am working at "Auntie Sis",
* i have decided to keep the company name SHH in case i get sued my pants off.
It is an outsourcing company. SOON, VERY VERY SOON. I will not be there anymore.

I GOT RETRENCHED.

There are companies like SKII, PSA, NTUC, STARHUB, AIA etc. I happen to be under NTUC, and thank BUDDHA, i again happen to be working under this project whereby i have to just call the union members and inform them about their FREE UPGRADE. Isn't it great! I have to thank Buddha again for not placing me in AIA.
*Imagine people hanging my phone even way before i say: "Hello good afternoon,this is tayrius calling from AIA regarding TOOT..............."
Toot meaning they hung up the phone before i could have continued.

Today, it is 23rd of April. We had a meeting around 10.30am. Every staff in my department was not spared. one was promoted. Well, she had been waiting for such a long time. BUT, she was so freakin' happy which i don't know why. Miss ar. I just have to flash my DIPLOMA and i can flag a higher salary than you. Not trying to be proud or aggroant, but she really drives me nut. She was so proud and happy she got promoted in such a company with

  1. High T/O (turnover) rate


  2. Stingy and calculative boss


  3. no pay increment for some employees who had worked for more than 2years


  4. no future.

I have been told together with another part-timer that we would be leaving the company as our department's project had failed. Therefore, no point for us to stay.
Looks like i have said too much. Looks so so so draggy now.


Some pictures to quench thirst. I mean one.

From left to right

Esther, Tayrius (ME), Haley

No comments: